I know I’m super late on the neon trend but I was waiting for a really great neon statement dress… I found it! A neon pink skater dress with polka dot lace… could it be more me?!?!?! If only it had sparkles hehe. This dress seems like perfection but I had to get it tailored twice, it didn’t sit right on my petite torso [I’m 5’2”] and it needed to be taken in from the sides also. After all the tailoring I love it! I paired it with a black ASOS Curve bow belt and some fun Jeffery Campbell platforms.
What I’m Wearing: Dress- ASOS Curve, Skinny bow belt- ASOS Curve, Grey Clutch- Aldo, Shoes- Jeffery Campbell [The Wicked Shoe], Sunnies- Betsy Johnson, Earrings- Betsy Johnson, Lipstick- Maybelline SuperStay 10 hr gloss in 110, Nails- Sinful Colors
What are your favorite neon statement pieces?!?!?!
Yayyy! NYC weather is nice again to bare legs! For a day spent running errands around Manhattan and having lunch with a good friend, I kept it simple and chic for this outfit. This woven dress is cute and comfy for a day spent running around. I kept accessories to a minimal and paired this print dress with my yellow leather handbag and bright red bow flats [super comfy]!
What I’m Wearing: Dress- Forever 21+, V-Neck Cami- Forever 21+, Yellow Handbag- Betsey Johnson, Red Bow Flats- Blowfish, Sunnies- Prada, Watch- Marc by Marc Jacobs, Lipstick- Maybelline SuperStay 10 hr gloss in 120
Photos by Louis Chan!
Merry 1st of May everyone! It may be May but I have dug out my old tights yet again due to New York’s unpredictable spring weather. It may be chilly, but that doesn’t mean you can’t dress for spring, you just need a few extra layers. This is one of my favorite ASOS Curve dresses which I purchased last spring, all my friends have seen me in this dress during all seasons because its so versatile to dress up or dress down. Here I was on my way to class so I paired it with flats and my favorite jean jacket! I just made a few purchases from ASOS’ spring sale and I have some new pieces I’m really excited to share, stay tuned!
What I’m Wearing: Dress- ASOS Curve, Jean Jacket- Old Navy, Skinny Belt- ASOS Curve, Black Flats- TUK via Torrid, bag- Cambridge Satchel, Glasses- coastal.com, flower pin- Forever 21, Lipstick- Maybelline SuperStay 10 hr gloss in 120
Photos by Louis Chan! [Followers in the NYC area who would like to shoot head-shots or blog photos he is up for hire, send him a message!]
Well ladies, it’s about mid spring already and I’ve been trying out lots and LOTS of new beauty products! Here are some of my favs and why:
1. Dermstore Lip Quench Lip Treatment: I received this lip moisturizer in my April GlamBag. I love it because it’s not super sticky, or too shiny and it doesn’t cake. Its also really long lasting and leaves your lips nice and smooth. It also has a lip plumper without that tingly cinnamon feel I hate. Apply this lip moisturizer before bed and wake up with super smooth lips!
2. Maybelline Baby Lips SPF20 Lip Balm: I was shopping for mascara when I saw this super cute lip balm and decided to give it a try. Not only is this packaging adorable, but this lip balm smells and tastes great. I have this balm in pink punch and with SPF 20 it’s my new favorite beach balm. It goes on silky smooth and leaves just a hint of tint. Don’t forget wearing lip balms with SPF over the summer helps to keep your lips looking younger longer. Did I mention I got this for 3$?!
3. Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser: I received this product in my March Birchbox, and I loved it! This gel cleanser is made with certified organic ingredients- “An organic juice base of sweet cherry, lemon, and aloe, which are all rich in healing nutrients and antioxidants. Coconut and sugar extracts remove blemish-causing gunk and oil while respecting your skin’s moisture barrier. Finally, an alphabet’s worth of vitamins—including A, B, C, and E—brighten and even out skin tone.” Need I say more?!
4. Chi Silk Infusion: Ok, Ok I know I’m late to the whole “CHI” phenomenon but in my defense I’ve had really short hair for a long time and I just started regularly blow drying and using my straightener. I came across this at my cousin’s place, and I left with the bottle. THIS STUFF ROCKS. Seriously. Magical. Use a dime sized amount on wet hair and blow-dry, or air-dry and your locks will feel magnificently smooth, sleek and soft. This will leave you with shiny sleek healthy feeling hair and it smells amazing. If there’s one product you use on your hair it’s this one.
5. Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42: I’ve been hearing a lot about BB Creams (short for Blemish Balm Cream ) and I decided to give it a try. BB cream was first created by dermatologists to treat and protect skin after skin surgery while providing light coverage. Celebrities in Asia started to use it for natural-flawless-glowing look and it’s now the hottest beauty product in Asia. BB cream is an “all-in-one” cream-moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock. I love this Missha BB cream, it goes on silky smooth like a tinted moisturizer but with better coverage. It doesn’t leave your skin cakey or feel thick. I like to set it with loose powder and it lasts all day! With SPF 42 I will be using this all spring and summer!
6. Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Mineral Pressed Powder: All of my friend’s know that my favorite concealer is from Amazing Cosmetics. I decided to try their pressed powder and I LOVE IT! This powder can be used alone as a powder foundation or as a “setting” powder to use over your foundation [or BB cream!]. The mineral powder is super silky soft and super fine, easy to build coverage or keep it light. The finer the powder the more flawless your face looks and this is the perfect formula!
7. Willa Lavender Facial Towelettes: I received this in April’s Birchbox and immediately said “oooOOooo Lavender!”. I’m a big fan of these towelettes… especially on days I get home late from a fun night out. These super soft towelettes are pre-soaked with a “botanic cleansing formula…Aloe hydrates and heals irritation, lavender calms, and antioxidant-rich green tea helps skin look fresh and glowing”. These towelettes are my new favorites and the smell is so calming after a fun night out or a stressful day.
Know about some great Springtime beauty products I don’t… Tweet me!
What are some products you’ve been loving?!
Here is another spring colored dress for spring. This coral dress is from last Spring ASOS Curve. I’m obsessed with this H&M black and white striped sweater with puffy sleeves, I want to wear it with everything!!! Normally, I’m totally anti-belts, but this ASOS curve skinny belt is small enough to put together a cute springtime look… and its PINK! This teal handbag I got at Century 21, its from Rampage and the perfect teal for color-blocking this season.
What I’m Wearing: Dress- ASOS Curve, Striped cardigan- H&M, Skinny Belt- ASOS Curve, Black Flats- Blowfish, Handbag- Rampage, Watch- Marc by Marc Jacobs, Sunnies- Prada
Photos by Louis Chan!
Black and white fashions are forever timeless. I will forever love stripes, and forever love black and white stripes. As NYC Spring weather continues to be totally unpredictable, a blazer is a great way to polish off an outfit. This Simply Be blazer will forever be my favorite black blazer, I love the high shoulder pads. The striped top is from Forever 21+ as well as the black jeans [they come in “short”… yay for us petite plus ladies]! Aren’t these Dorothy-esque red ASOS heels the cutest thing ever!!!
What I’m Wearing: Blazer- Simply Be, Top- Forever 21+, Jeans- Forever 21+, Red Heels- ASOS, Watch and Sunglasses- Marc by Marc Jacobs, Lipstick- Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick in Beranice
Photos by Louis Chan!
This spring the weather in NYC has been kind of crazy… very warm days and very cold days. My solution is layer! Remember with layering you want to start with thin fabrics as a base and thicker fabrics on top. This springtime one of my favorite colors this season is yellow! Today I wore a yellow sweater dress from ASOS paired with my old jean jacket and favorite combat boots. I’m filling my Spring/Summer wardrobe with lots of color this season! Stay tuned for more bare legged dresses and skirts!
What I’m Wearing: Dress- ASOS, Jean Jacket- Old Navy, Boots- Not Rated via Zappos, Handbag- Betsey Johnson, Watch- Betsey Johnson, Sunglasses- Delias, Flower clip- Forever 21
Special thanks to my favorite photog + BFF Louis Chan!!!
As a grad student, most of my weekdays I dress very casual. Here I’m wearing a t-shirt from Forever21, and my favorite jeggings from Calvin Klein. A great way to revamp the classic jeans, sneakers and a t-shirt look is to add on a blazer. I love vintage blazers and this hot pink one was a $9 fabulous find at a salvation army in Philadelphia. My favorite thing to look for at thrift stores are blazers. Try everything on and ignore the size on the tag, the important thing is that the arms fit (every plus-sized princess knows there’s nothing worse than having a jacket that’s too tight on the arms… ugh so uncomfortable)! My new school bag is from Cambridge Satchel and my sunglasses are Prada.
What I’m Wearing: Blazer- thrifted (salvation army), Jeggings- Calvin Klein via ideeli, t-shirt- Forever21+, bag- Cambridge Satchel, Watch- Betsey Johnson, Sunglasses- Prada, Sneakers- Vans
Special thanks to my favorite photog Louis Chan!!!
Recently I was contacted by Nina from Duchess & Duchess, a Toronto based undie company to review some of their undies. Nina and her sister Ines started the company after facing style and comfort challenges in the undies department - too small, too tight, too big, too high. They sell hipsters and thongs that come in a range of cute colors and in sizes a 1X to 3X.
I was super excited to receive my package from Duchess & Duchess. I was sent one thong and one hipster. They were individually packaged in pink mesh baggies which was super cute! I must admit, I am not usually a fan of thongs as an everyday undie, I’m more into hipsters for the everyday.
I quickly realized the reason I wasn’t into thongs was that I never found one that was comfortable enough to wear on the regular. As soon as I put the thong on I was like, “Hey, this is niceeeeee, and comfyyyyy!!”. Both the hipster and thong do not “ride up” while wearing jeans, leggings or tights they are soft and very comfy! They are made 95% cotton and 5% spandex. The cut on both the thong and the hipster is not too high and not too low, just right; they really do “hug your curves”.
I loved the hipster, but I loved loved loved the thong! I will most definitely be ordering more! The only complaint I have at all is is right now the shipping cost to the US is kind of high. Other than that check out Duchess & Duchess for some super cute and comfy undies made for us curvy girls!
All opinions on this blog post are my own and not altered by the sponsor in any way.